Thursday 15 July 2010

Cardamom bread

A little baking this weekend courtesey of Rachel Allen - I decided to try her Cardamom Bread . Cardamom  is a spice I associate with using in curries, but am aware that scandanavian countries use it quite a lot as a "sweet" spice.

Now I must confess to being a cinnamon addict - give me a cinnamon bun and I am ecstatic. I have also managed to turn my children into cinnamon lovers too (still can't get them to love Spring Greens in the same way, but give me time...). The only thing better is homemade gingerbread.

However I forced myself not to substitute the cardamom for cinnamon - and it was very nice, with quite a subtle flavour. And I even plaited it too!




But I have a confession - I still like cinnamom better! Could be trying out snickerdoodles next..

1 comment:

  1. Hello, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. The bread looks lovely, although I understand how hard it must have been not to use cinnamon ( I love cinnamon). You must try the snickerdoodles, they went down a storm here when I made some. DH even took some to work and they all liked them too.
    S x

    ReplyDelete