Friday 16 July 2010

Lego

Amazing stuff Lego - I have fond memories of building garish multicoloured models from it into my teens (tasteful they weren't but then you had to go by the block size you needed/wanted colour sadly did not enter into the equation)

So fast forward to today - eldest child has an impressive array of lego models(from the power miners range to be exact. You didn't know they do ranges now? Yes - exclusive models, time limited runs as well it seems - Lego has definitely moved on!)

Youngest child also likes this lego - but being only 3 1/2 the inevitable has happened.....

Looks fine doesn't it? Sadly not - after being put back together there are 2 orange based flame thingies (I have no idea what they should be called!) missing. O has been no help in trying to locate them and the entire house has been turned upside down looking for them - it looks even more like we've been burgaled than normal.

Meltdown is in progress (from all 3!) and I am hiding. Here. Somebody let me know when it is safe to come out please?

2 comments:

  1. Mmm - that would require me to have hoovered recently (bad mother!)Still no sign, but as a last resort it will be ordering replacement parts......

    The price of Lego is shocking isn't it? Best not to keep it forever - we are finding that my husbands ancient lego from childhood is becoming a bit brittle.

    Will be watching with interest re the cooking lessons. Child 1 likes to cook and can manage simple recipes himself. It is the Clearing-up-AFTER-cooking lessons we'll be working on this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'll ever grow out of my love for lego!

    ReplyDelete