Friday 24 February 2012

Workshop Day

I took a day off work, arranged for my husband to pick up the children from School and went off to a quilt workshop yesteday- it felt very decadent. (I can't remember when I last took a day off other than to look after my children - I felt almost wicked!)
I'm a member of Ouse valley Quilters, who organise regular workshops - I've not been to one before, but this really appealed to me.
So I spent the day cutting and sewing to make a Oakshott City Lights Quilt
with Jo Baddeley of Puddle Ducks quilts.


 I managed to make 44 of the 64 blocks, and although the Oakshott cottons fray a little more than ordinary cottons, they are so gorgeous, it's worth it - photos do not do them justice. Some simple quilting and a plain back are called for I think. Can't wait (once I've finished the Ugly Swoon Block of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment