Thursday 4 October 2012

MORE Happy Mail! (AKA a very happy byproduct of Christmas Shopping)

Okay - so I know it feels too early for Christmas Shopping, but I also have 6 birthdays of family and godsons between 30 November and 30 December so I need to get cracking!(For fear of cracking up completely).

Anyway a lovely parcel arrived from The Book People. And amongst all the Christmas presents I had treated myself to Mollie Makes Christmas. I hadn't been going to as I already have quite a lot of Christmas Books, but as it was cheaper than buying  a magazine, I decided to risk it.

I am so glad I did! It is lovely. The projects (19 of them) are very much in the style of the Mollie Makes magazine. There are a Festive Ideas and Christmas Inspiration sections with the blog and web addresses of crafters and makers (Looking forward to some new inspirational sites :-)  )

There are so many different types of projects -

Super cute Needle felted houses - I might finally have to succumb to the felting bug:


A cheeky amigurumi reindeer:


Lovely folded paper Christmas tree:


Fabulous purple felt wreath:


I'm seriously considering giving this one a go (even with the risk my daughter will want it as it's her favourite colour). I thought it might be a bit expensive as you need 1.5 metres of felt, but I discovered that would cost about £11.25 (plus postage and packing) from paper-and-string, which doesn't seem too bad.

There are also a couple of knitting projects, a lovely tote bag with a modern santa applique as well as some other sewing, crochet and papercraft items. My absolute favourite though is this:


Shame I don't have an i-pad (nor is that likely to change) but the direction say it is easy to scale down to fit other gadgets - so I think my i-pod touch may be getting a new cosy very soon.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a fabulous book. I'll have to see if it is available on my side of the pond. The Mollie Makes magazine is sold here, but for a crazy price. Can't wait to see what you make from this book.

    ReplyDelete