Friday 9 November 2012

Half Term Visits

We had another flying visit up North during half term, and finally got round to taking the children to my all time favourite National Trust property - Cragside.

Despite being a very large house, it actually feels quite comfortable, and liveable in. There were lots of patchwork quilts on beds:







And I liked how all the needlework was left out in the (ladies) sitting room


The autumn colours outside were beautiful too - much more vibrant than we have seen at home. Cragside is in Northumbria and I suspect that it is just colder enough to bring out these colours as the leaves turn and fall.



I just wish we had had more time and could have done some of the walks through the Estate.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely place to visit. Your photos are beautiful, I love the autumn colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love a good National Trust property. I always get totally overawed by the space people had.

    ReplyDelete